- (archaic) (present participle of, unchild) Removing a child from a parent; disowning.
- There is no unfathering Christ, and there is no us. from C. H. Spurgeon's His Name--The Everlasting Father (9 December 1866)
- (Archaic) life-threatening, life-taking
- Spins to the widow-making unchilding unfathering deeps. from Gerard Manley Hopkins' The Wreck of the Deutschland (1883?)
- given him my whole attention and taken him away from the ruthless sea? from Iris Murdoch's The Sea, The Sea (1978)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for unchilding for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.