verb to unbend
- To free from flexure; to make, or allow to become, straight; to loosen; as, to unbend a bow.
- A remit from a strain or from exertion; to set at ease for a time; to relax; as, to unbend the mind from study or care.
- To unfasten, as sails, from the spars or stays to which they are attached for use.
- To cast loose or untie, as a rope.
- To cease to be bent; to become straight or relaxed.
- To relax in exertion, attention, severity, or the like; hence, to indulge in mirth or amusement.
- French: redresser ; se détendre
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for unbend for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.