- Cloth-covered frame used for protection against rain or sun.
- Generally, anything that provides protection. (The fighters provide a defensive air umbrella over the battle group.)
- Something that covers a wide range of concepts, ideas, purposes, etc. (The test facility was established under the umbrella of the company's quality program.)
- The main body of a jellyfish, excluding the tentacles.
- Dutch: nl(nl, paraplu, t-)regenscherm
- French: parapluie(fr)m
- German: Dach(de)n
- Spanish: amparo(es)m
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for umbrella for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.