verb (typewrites, typewriting, typewrote, typewritten)
- (transitive, or, intransitive) To type using a typewriter.
- 1925, William Frederick Book, Learning to Typewrite: With a Discussion of the Psychology and Pedagogy of Skill, The Gregg pub. co.,
- :These facts are set forth for learning to in Part II of this book.
- 1935, New Jersey Secondary School Teachers' Association, Lord Dufferin School. Old Boys Association, Yearbook, page 215,
- :IF THE businessman discovers that his new office worker cannot spell, , compute percentage or punctuate properly, he is immediately confronted with a series of in-training problems.
- 1944, Robert Luther Duffus, The Innocents at Cedro: A Memoir of Thorsein Veblen and Some Others, The Macmillan company, page 71,
- :I began to copy letters for him, and I have never been long free from the typewriter since.
- 1994, Kas Mazurek and Margret A. Winzer, Comparative Studies in Special Education, Gallaudet University Press, page 193,
- :Third, a major barrier for blind and physically handicapped children is removed by permitting them to their answers during public examinations.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for typewrite for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.