Translations: verb (trues, trueing, trued)
- (italbrac, always with "the") Those who are loyal or faithful.
- To straighten.
Translations: adjective (tru, er)
- He trued the spokes of the bicycle wheel.
- (context, of a statement) concurring with a given set of facts.
- (logic) A state in Boolean logic that indicates an affirmative or positive result.
- "A and B" is if and only if "A" is and "B" is .
- Loyal, faithful.
- He"s turned out to be a friend. (See below, "Compound Words and Terms")
- This is Parmesan cheese.
- The king has returned!
- ...the mention some form of accord with fact or reality.
Etymology: Old English trÄowe
- Dutch: trouw, trouwe
- French: vrai
- German: wahr
- Italian: vero
- Spanish: auténtico
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for true for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.