verb (transmut, ing)
- (transitive) To change, transform or convert one thing to another, or from one state or form to another.
- The alchemists tried to base metals to gold.
- (intransitive) To change, transform or convert to another, or from one state or form to another.
- Did the base metals to gold?
- Spanish: trasmutar, trasladar
- From transmutare, from trans + mutare.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for transmute for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.