- That part of an object furthest away in the opposite direction from that in which an unsupported object would fall.
- His kite got caught at the of the tree.
- The part viewed, or intended to be viewed, nearest the edge of the visual field normally occupied by the uppermost visible objects.
- Headings appear at the tops of pages. Or, Further weather information can be found at the of your television screen.
- A lid, cap or cover of a container.
- A garment worn to cover the torso.
- A child"s spinning toy; a spinning top
- (nautical) A framework at the top of a ship's mast to which rigging is attached
- (baseball) The first half of an inning, during which the home team fields and the visiting team bats.
- (sexual slang) A dominant partner in a BDSM relationship or roleplay.
- (gay sexual slang) A gay man who likes take an active sexual role rather than a passive role (e.g. to penetrate in anal sex rather than be penetrated).
verb (top, p, ing)
- Dutch: tol
- French: couvercle
- German: Kreisel
- Italian: coffa
(trans-top, baseball term)
(trans-top, sexual slang: dominant partner in a BDSM relationship or roleplay)
(trans-top, gay sexual slang: gay man who likes to penetrate in anal sex)
- Spanish: activo
- To cover on the top or with a top.
- To cut or remove the top (as of a tree)
- To excel, to beat.
- (slang) To kill, murder.
- (informal) best.
- Dutch: top-
- Spanish: mí¡ximo
- Rated first.
Etymology: summit or crest
- She came in her French exam.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for top for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.