- A unit of weight (mass) equal to 2240 pounds (a long ton) or 2000 pounds (a short ton) or 1000 kilograms (a metric ton).
- A unit of volume; register ton.
- In refrigeration and air conditioning, a unit of power required to cool one ton of water by 1 Â°F every 10 minutes, equal to 12,000 Btu/h (3.517 kilowatts).
- (colloquial; also in plural tons) A large amount.
- I"ve got a ton of work to do.
- (slang) A speed of 100 mile per hour, miles per hour.
- (slang) One hundred pound sterling, pounds sterling.
- (cricket) One hundred runs.
- Dutch: ton
- French: tas
- German: Tonne
- Italian: tonnellata
(trans-top, large amount)
- Spanish: tonelada
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ton for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.