verb (inf=to throw up, throws up, throwing up, threw up, thrown up)
- (colloquial) To vomit.
- The baby threw up all over my shirt.
- That cat is always throwing up hairballs.
- To erect
- 2001, Diane Kennedy, Loop-Holes of the Rich: How the Rich Legally Make More Money & Pay Less Tax, Warner Books, ISBN 0446678325, page 70,
- :In other words, a business can a huge detour sign in the way of the government.
- 2005, Brandon Bennett, Moon in Gemini, iUniverse, ISBN 059536442X, page 56,
- :Why don't you go on and ya gang sign; represent your hood, homey?
- 2007, Marissa Monteilh, Dr. Feelgood, Kensington Books, ISBN 0758211228, page 27,
- :The deal was that if anyone started catching feelings, he could a stop sign and the other would honor it.
Etymology: throw + up
- French: rejetter, régobeller
- German: erbrechen, sich í¼bergeben
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for throw up for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.