- (of a building, etc.) Having its top a long way up; having a great vertical (and often greater than horizontal) extent; high.
- (context, of a person) Having a vertical extent greater than the average. For example. over 6 foot is generally considered tall.
- (context, of a story) hard to believeï¼Žie tall story, tall tale.
- (context, of a cup of coffee) A cup of coffee smaller than grande, usually 8 ounces. (Chiefly American)
- Dutch: (thing) hoog, (person) lang, groot, (story) ongeloofwaardig
- French: (thing, person) haut
- German: (thing) hoch, (person) groíŸ
- Italian: (thing, person) alto
- Spanish: alto , alta
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for tall for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.