- A collection of organized things; as, a solar system.
- A way of organising or planning.
- A whole composed of relationships among the members.
- In music, a set of staffs that indicate instruments or sounds that are to be played simultaneously.
Etymology: From (i, systima) "organized whole, body", from - (i, syn-) "together" + root of (i, histanai) "cause to stand".
- Dutch: systeem
- French: système(fr)m
- German: System (1,2,3), Ordnung (2)
- Italian: sistema(it)m
- Spanish: sistema(es)m
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for system for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.