- (countable) An excessive amount of something.
- A of wheat is driving down the price.
- (uncountable) overindulgence, Overindulgence in either food or drink; overeating.
- (countable) A sickness or condition caused by overindulgence.
- King Henry I is said to have died of a of lampreys.
- (transitive) To fill to excess.
- (transitive) To feed someone to excess.
- She surfeited her children on sweets.
- (context, intransitive, reflexive) To overeat or feed to excess.
- (context, intransitive, reflexive) To sicken from overindulgence.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for surfeit for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.