- The up-side of a flat object such as a table.
- The outside hull of a tangible object.
- (math) (geometry) The locus of an equation (especially one with exactly two degree of freedom, degrees of freedom) in a more-than-two-dimensional space.
verb (surfaces, surfacing, surfaced)
- Dutch: oppervlakte
- French: surface
- German: Oberflí¤che
- Italian: superficie
- Spanish: superficie
Translations: Etymology: From French, surface.
- (transitive) To provide something with a surface.
- (transitive) To apply a surface to something.
- (intransitive) To rise to the surface.
- (intransitive) To come out of hiding.
- (intransitive) For information or facts to become known.
- (intransitive) To work a mine near the surface.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for surface for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.