- The time of day when the sun appears above the eastern horizon.
- I'll meet you at the docks at .
- The change in color of the sky at sunrise.
- Did you see the beautiful this morning?
- (figurative) Any great awakening.
- It was the of her spirit.
- Dutch: zonsopgang
- French: lever du soleil
- German: Sonnenaufgang
- Italian: levar del sole , aurora , alba
- Spanish: amanecer
- Pertaining to an unusually early time of day.
Translations: (trans-top, pertaining to an unusually early time of day)
- The -service will be at 6:30AM.
Etymology: Compound of sun + rise
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sunrise for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.