noun (plural subsets)
- (settheory) Of a given set, a set all the elements of which are in the given set.
- The set of integers is a subset of the set of reals.
- A group of things or people, all of which are in a specified larger group.
- We asked a subset of the population of the town for their opinion.
- Dutch: deelverzameling
- French: partie , sous-ensemble
- German: Untermenge , Teilmenge
- Italian: sottoinsieme
- Spanish: subconjunto
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for subset for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.