- An act of stroking.
- She gave the cat a .
- A blow.
- A line drawn with a pen or pencil.
- A streak of paint made with a brush.
- The time when a clock strikes.
- on the of midnight
- A thrust of a piston.
- A particular style of swimming.
- (medicine) The loss of brain function arising when the blood supply to the brain is suddenly interrupted.
- A single movement with a tool.
- A single act of striking with a weapon.
- (golf) A single act of striking at the ball with a club.
- (tennis)The hitting of a ball with a racket, or the movement of the racket and arm that produces that impact.
- (rowing) The movement of an oar or paddle through water, either the pull which actually propels the vessel or a single entire cycle of movement including the pull.
- (rowing) The rower who is nearest the stern of the boat.
- In professional wrestling, backstage influence.
- (cricket) The action of hitting the ball with the bat; a shot.
- The symbol "/".
verb (strok, ing)
- Dutch: klokslag
- French: coup
- Italian: corsa
(trans-top, particular style of swimming)
- German: Schlagmann
(trans-top, in wrestling)
- (transitive) To move the hand over the surface of (something) in one direction.
- (context, transitive, cricket) To hit the ball with the bat in a flowing motion.
- French: caresser
- German: streicheln, streichen
- Italian: accarezzare
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for stroke for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.