verb (strikes out, striking out, struck out)
- (intransitive) To yield nothing, especially for sexual advances.
- Dave struck out with the blonde.
- (intransitive, baseball) To be retired after three strikes (missed swings, as opposed to any other way of becoming "out.")
- He struck out on a nasty slider.
- (transitive, baseball) To retire a batter after three strikes.
- He struck out Jones with a nasty slider.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for strike out for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.