- Strained; drawn close; tight; as, a strict embrace; a strict ligature.
- Tense; not relaxed; as, a strict fiber.
- Exact; accurate; precise; rigorously nice; as, to keep strict watch; to pay strict attention.
- Governed or governing by exact rules; observing exact rules; severe; rigorous; as, very strict in observing the Sabbath.
- Rigidly; interpreted; exactly limited; confined; restricted; as, to understand words in a strict sense.
- Upright, or straight and narrow; " said of the shape of the plants or their flower clusters.
- Severe in discipline
- Dutch: streng
- German: streng
- Italian: severo
- Spanish: estricto
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for strict for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.