noun (strawberr, ies)
- The juicy, usually red, edible fruit of certain plants of the genus Fragaria.
- They went to pick strawberries today.
- Any plant of the genus Fragaria (that bears such fruit).
- She has the best patch I've ever seen.
- (colour) A red color, colour, like that of the fruit; strawberry red.
- <table><tr><td>strawberry colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- B64140" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- (rare) Something resembling a strawberry, especially a reddish bruise or birthmark.
- Dutch: aardbeienplant
- French: fraisier
- German: Erdbeere
- Italian: fragola
- Spanish: fresa , frutilla (Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Southern Colombian Andes, Uruguay)
- Containing or having the flavor of strawberries.
- I'd like a large shake.
- Flavored with ethyl methylphenylglycidate, an artificial compound which is said to resemble the taste of strawberries.
- Of a red colour.
- The lipstick makes her look younger.
Etymology: Old English: streawberige, strÄawberiÄe, corresponding to straw + berry (for uncertain reasons).
- Dutch: aardbeien-
- German: Erdbeer-, erdbeerig
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for strawberry for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.