- (countable) A dried stalk of a cereal plant.
- (uncountable) Such dried stalks considered collectively.
- (countable) A drinking straw.
- (colour) a pale, yellowish beige colour, like that of a dried straw.
- <table><tr><td>straw colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- F2D594?" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- Dutch: stro
- French: paille
- German: strohfarben, strohgelb
- Italian: festuca
- Spanish: paja
- Made of straw.
Etymology: Old English streaw, strÄaw, from Germanic "that which is strewn". Cognate with Dutch stroo, German Stroh, Swedish strí.
- straw hat
- (colour) of a pale, yellowish beige colour, like that of a dried straw.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for straw for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.