- An account of real or fictional events.
- The book tells the of two roommates.
- A lie.
- You"ve been telling stories again, haven"t you?
- A floor or level of a building (mainly US - see storey).
- Our shop was on the fourth of the building — we had to install an elevator.
Etymology: From Ancient Greek (istoria) "history".
- Dutch: verdieping
- French: étage
- German: Stockwerk , Etage
- Italian: piano
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for story for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.