- A soldier trained in special infiltration tactics, especially a member of the Nazi Sturmabteilung.
Etymology: From German Sturmtruppen, from sturm "storm" + truppen "troops".
- 1995: Indeed, the infantry battle on the desolate ridgeline above Darwin would probably have seemed remarkably familiar to a World War I " Ian Drury, German Stormtrooper 1914-18 (Osprey Publishing 1995, p. 4)
- 1996: As you'll recall, the idea of the arose from the effort to break out of the trench warfare of World War I " Mark McNeilly?, Sun Tzu and the Art of Business (Oxford 1996, p. 134)
- 2001: When he came upon such a scene he went up to a to protest. " JS Medaware & David Pyke, Hitler's Gift (Arcade Publishing 2001, p. 72)
- An Imperial soldier from the Star Wars series of films.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for stormtrooper for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.