- A broad prehistoric period during which humans widely used stone for toolmaking.
- (context, figuratively, informal) Any extremely primitive or undeveloped era.
- (figuratively) The time a particular field was introduced and was in its earliest stages of development.
- Dutch: Steentijd
- French: í‚ge de la pierre
- German: Steinzeit
- Italian: Etí della pietra
- Spanish: Edad de Piedra
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Stone Age for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.