- A bump left on the skin after having been stung.
- A bite by an insect.
- A sharp, localised pain primarily on the epidermis
- A police operation in which the police pretend to be criminals in order to catch a criminal.
- A short percussive phrase played by a drummer to accent the punchline in a comedy show.
- A brief sequence of music used in films & TV as a form of punctuation in a dramatic or comedic scene.
verb (stings, stinging, stang or stung, stung)
- French: piqí»re
- German: verdeckte Operation
- To hurt, usually by introducing poison or a sharp point.
- Right so came out an adder of a little heathbush, and it stung a knight in the foot.
- Still, it stung when a slightly older acquaintance asked me why I couldn't do any better.
- Of an insect, to bite.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sting for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.