- Dead at birth (also in figurative sense, as of plan, plot, etc.)
- "stillborn lamb"
- "a stillborn plot of coup d'état"
- That has failed to attract an audience (as of a motion picture, music album, show, or electronic game)
- "a stillborn movie"
Etymology: First attested w:1597, 1597, from English still + born.
- Dutch: doodgeboren
- French: mort-né , morte-née
- German: totgeboren
- Italian: nato morto , nata morta
- Spanish: nato muerto , nata muerta
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for stillborn for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.