verb (stickies, stickying, stickyed or stickied)
adjective (stick, ier)
- (context, internet, bulletin boards) to fix a thread at the top of the list of topics or threads so as to keep it in view.
- Able or likely to stick.
- Is this tape sticky enough to stay on that surface?
- Potentially difficult to escape from.
- This is a sticky situation. We could be in this for weeks if we're not careful.
- (GUI design) Persistent across multiple incarnations of a widget.
- We should make the printing direction sticky so the user doesn't have to keep setting it.
- (context, computing, of a window) appearing on all virtual desktops.
- (context, internet, of threads on a bulletin board) fixed at the top of the list of topics or threads so as to keep it in view.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sticky for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.