Translations: Etymology: "star" + "crossed" (past participle of the verb "to cross")
- ill-fated by destiny, the fate of the person being "written in the stars".
- The lovers looked into each other's eyes, before dying.
- (First attested in) 1592, w:William Shakespeare, William Shakespeare, w:Romeo and Juliet, Romeo and Juliet, Prologue:
- :From out the fatal loins of those two foes
- :A pair of lovers take their life.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for star-crossed for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.