- position, Position or reputation in society or a profession: "He does not have much of a as a chemist".
- duration, Duration.
- The act of a person who stands, or a place where someone stands.
- (sports) The position of a team in a league or of a player in a list: "After their last win, their went up three places".
- room in which to park a vehicle or vehicles
- 1992, P.D. James, The Children of Men, page 28:
- "There was no garage at Lathbury Road, but we had for two cars in front of the house."
- 2000, Bob Breen, Mission Accomplished, East Timor, page 149:
- "The engineering crisis boiled down to roads, hard , and waste."
- the right to bring a legal action
- (present participle of, stand); in the process of coming to an upright position
- erect, Erect, not cut down.
- Performed from an erect position.
- remaining, Remaining in force or status.
- stagnant, Stagnant; not moving or flowing.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for standing for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.