- A vertical pole, post, or support.
- A framework of such posts, used to secure or confine cattle.
- German: Pfosten , Stí¼tze
Etymology: OF. estanson, estaníon, étaníon, from OF. estance a stay, a prop, from stans, stantis, standing, present participle of stare to stand.
- To erect stanchions, or equip something with stanchions.
- To confine by means of stanchions, typically used for cattle.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for stanchion for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.