- A brief gush, as of liquid spurting from an orifice.
verb to spurt
- a spurt of water
- (slang) Ejaculation of semen
- Any sudden but not prolonged action.
- The boss's visit prompted a brief spurt of activity.
- To gush or issue suddenly or violently out in a stream, as liquor from a cask; to rush from a confined place in a small stream or jet; to spirt.
- To throw out, as a liquid, in a stream or jet; to drive or force out with violence, as a liquid from a pipe or small orifice; as, to spurt water from the mouth.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for spurt for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.