Translations: Etymology: From esprit (spirit).
- A spirit; a soul; a shade; also, an apparition. See Spright.
- An elf; a fairy; a goblin.
- The green woodpecker, or yaffle.
- (computing) A two-dimensional image or animation that is integrated into a larger scene.
- Electrical discharges that occur high above the cumulonimbus cloud of an active thunderstorm.W:Sprites (lightning), 1
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sprite for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.