- The act of spreading or something that has been spread.
- An expanse of land.
- A piece of material used as a cover (such as a bedspread).
- A large meal, especially one laid out on a table.
- Any form of food designed to be spread onto a slice of bread etc.
- An item in a newspaper or magazine that occupies more than one column or page.
- A numerical difference.
verb (spreads, spreading, spread)
- German: Aufstrich
(trans-top, an item in a newspaper or magazine that occupies more than one column or page)
(trans-top, a numerical difference)
- (transitive) To put one"s legs apart.
- (transitive) To divide something in a homogeneous way.
- (transitive) To scatter.
- (transitive) To put butter or jam onto bread.
- (transitive) To expand.
- Missionaries spread their religion's teachings.
- (intransitive) To expand.
- The disease had spread into remote villages.
- Dutch: verspreiden
- French: répandre
- German: ausbreiten
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for spread for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.