- a document, review or comment that discloses the ending or some key surprise, or twist in a story. Good netiquette dictates that one warn of spoilers before discussing them, so that readers who wish to do so may experience the surprises for themselves.
- in aeronautics, a device to reduce lift
- in automobiles, a device to reduce lift and increase downforce
- In politics or game, gaming: an individual unable to win an election or game for him- or herself, but with the power to determine which player or candidate among two or more others does win.
Etymology: (-er, spoil)
- French: déporteur (2), béquet/becquet (3)
- French, spoiler (3)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for spoiler for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.