Translations: verb (splic, ing)
- (nautical) A junction or joining of kids made by splicing them apart.
- (electrical) the electrical and mechanical connection between two pieces of wire or cable.
- (cricket) that part of a bat where the handle joins the blade
- To unite, as two ropes, or parts of a rope, by a particular manner of interweaving the strands, -- the union being between two ends, or between an end and the body of a rope.
- To unite, as spars, timbers, rails, etc., by lapping the two ends together, or by applying a piece which laps upon the two ends, and then binding, or in any way making fast.
- To unite in marriage.
- (figuratively) To unite as if splicing.
- he argues against attempts to different genres or species of literature into a single composition.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for splice for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.