- Any three-dimensional object in which every cross-section is a circle.
- The region in which something or someone is active.
- (geometry) The set of all points in three-dimensional Euclidean space (or -dimensional space, in topology) that are a fixed distance from a fixed point.
- (astronomy) The apparent surface of the heavens.
- (astronomy) Anything visible on the apparent surface of the heavens.
Etymology: From spere, from espere, from sphaera, ball, globe, celestial sphere, from (IPAchar, á), "ball", "globe", of unknown origin
- Dutch: sfeer(nl, omgeving, m}}, bereik(nl)n, t+, nl)m
- French: sphère(fr)f
- German: Sphí¤re , Bereich
- Italian: sfera(it)f
- Spanish: esfera(es)f
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sphere for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.