- Seemingly well-reasoned or factual, but actually fallacious or insincere.
- This idea that we must see through what we have started is , however good it may sound.
- Having an attractive appearance intended to generate a favorable response; deceptively attractive.
- (obsolete) beautiful, Beautiful, pleasing to look at.
Etymology: From speciosus, speciÅsus "good-looking".
- French: (t, fr, spécieux, m), (t, fr, spécieuse, f)
- German: vordergrí¼ndig, fadenscheinig, unfundiert, leer
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for specious for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.