- (present participle of, sparkle)
- Of an object, reflecting light as if giving off tiny sparks.
- Of a beverage, especially an alcoholic beverage, containing dissolved carbon dioxide (either naturally or that has been added) that comes out of solution in the form of many tiny bubbles.
- French: (water) scintillant , scintillante ; (alcoholic drink) pétillant , pétillante , mousseux , mousseuse
- Italian: (water) frizzante; (alcoholic drink) spumante
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sparkling for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.