- (architecture) The space (often triangular) between the outer curve of an arch (the extrados) and a straight-sided figure that bounds it; the space between two contiguous arches and a straight feature above them
- (architecture) The triangular space under a stair; the material that fills the space
- (architecture) A horizontal member between the windows of each storey of a tall building
- An oriental rug having a pattern of arches; the design in the corners of such a rug, especially in a prayer rug
- (genetics) A phenotypic characteristic that evolved as a side effect of a true adaptation
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for spandrel for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.