- The spirit or essence of a person usually thought to consist of ones's thoughts and personality. Often believed to live on after the person"s death.
- The spirit or essense of anything.
- life, Life, energy, vigour.
- This place has no
- (music) soul music, Soul music.
- A person, especially as one among many.
Etymology: sawol, sÄwol. Cognate with Dutch ziel, German Seele (the Scandinavian forms are borrowings from the Old English).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for soul for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.