noun (wikipedia, Solution, Solution (chemistry))
- An act, plan or other means, used or proposed, to solve a problem.
- (Business) The act or process of explaining or proposing an approach to solving a problem.
- (Chemistry) A homogeneous mixture, which may be liquid, gas or solid, formed by dissolving one or more substances.
- (Math) The answer to a problem.
- Satisfaction of a claim or debt.
Etymology: From solucion (French: French, solution).
- Dutch: oplossing(nl)f
- French: solution(fr)f
- German: Lí¶sung(de)f
- Italian: risoluzione (of a claim); pagamento , soluzione (of a debt)
- Spanish: solución(es)f
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for solution for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.