- A bond of unity between individuals, united around a common goal or against a common enemy, such as the unifying principle that defines the labor movement.
- A long time union member himself, Phil showed with the picketing grocery store workers by shopping at a competing, unionized store.
- Willingness to give psychological and/or material support when another person is in a difficult position or needs affection.
- Only the provided by her siblings allowed Margret to cope with her mother's harrowing death.
Etymology: solidarité "solidarity" < solidaire "characterized by solidarity" < solidum "whole sum", < neuter of solidus, "solid".
- German: Solidarití¤t , Unterstí¼tzung
- Italian: solidarietí
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for solidarity for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.