- The bottom or plantar surface of the foot.
- The bottom of a shoe or boot.
- A flatfish of the family Soleidae.
verb (sol, ing)
- French: sole
- German: Seezunge
- Italian: sogliola
- Spanish: lenguado
- (transitive) to put a sole on (a shoe or boot)
- Dutch: zolen
- French: chausser
- German: besohlen
- unmarried (especially of a woman); widowed.
- French: unique
- French, unique , seul , seule
- German: alleinstehend
- Italian: unico
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sole for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.