- (uncountable) The frozen, crystalline state of water that falls as precipitation.
- 1928: w:A._A._Milne, A. A. Milne, w:The_House_at_Pooh_Corner, The House at Pooh Corner
- : ...the wind had dropped, and the , tired of rushing around in circles trying to catch itself up, now fluttered gently down until it found a place on which to rest, and sometimes the place was Pooh's nose and sometimes it wasn't...
- (uncountable) A shade of the color white.
- <table><tr><td>snow colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- F9F5E6?" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- (uncountable) Random electrical noise in a television picture.
- (uncountable) (slang) cocaine, Cocaine.
- (countable) A snowfall; a blanket of frozen water.
- We have had several heavy snows this year.
verb (snows, snowing, snowed, snowed or snown)
- Dutch: sneeuwval
- French: neige
- German: Schneefall
- Italian: nevicata
- Spanish: nieve
- (italbrac, used only in the infinitive and the third-person singular with it) Said of the weather when snow is falling.
- It is snowing.
- It started to .
- (colloquial) To hoodwink someone, especially by presenting confusing information.
- (poker) To bluff in draw poker by refusing to draw any cards
Etymology: Old English snÄw; cognates include Dutch sneeuw and Avestan shno.
- Dutch: sneeuwen
- French: neiger
- German: schneien
- Italian: nevicare
- Spanish: nevar
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for snow for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.