- (countable) Someone who sleeps.
- (countable) A saboteur or terrorist who lives unobtrusively in a community until activated by a prearranged signal; may be part of a sleeper cell.
- (countable) A railroad sleeping car.
- (countable)(context, rail transport, UK) A horizontal wooden or concrete structural member that supports and ties together railway lines.
- Something that achieves unexpected success after an interval of time.
- (countable) A goby-like bottom-feeding freshwater fish of the family Odontobutidae. Also "sleeper goby."
- (clothing) A type of pajamas, pajama for a person, especially a child, that covers its whole body, including their feet.
- Aaron, Devin, Ryan H., Cody, Ryan O., Wade, Lisa and Laura looked so comfy in their sleepers.
- A structural beam in a floor running perpendicular to both the joist, joists beneath and floorboard, floorboards above.
- Dutch: dwarsligger
- German: Schwelle , Bahnschwelle , Eisenbahnschwelle
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sleeper for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.