- a period during which one is seated for a specific purpose
- Due to the sheer volume of guests, we had to have two sittings for the meal.
- The Queen had three sittings for her portrait.
- a legislative session
- the act (of a bird) of incubating eggs; the clutch of eggs under a brooding bird
- executed from a sitting position
- occupying a specific official or legal position; incumbent
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sitting for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.