noun (sign on)
- (context, broadcasting) The time of day when a radio or television station begins broadcasting, usually after being off the air for several hours.
verb (inf=sign on, signs on, signing on, signed on)
- Sign on for the radio station is at 5 a.m.
- To join something, after signing
- (context, broadcasting) To begin broadcasting a radio or television signal, usually at the beginning of a broadcasting day and after being off the air for several hours.
- Years ago, the TV station would at 5 a.m., but now it broadcasts 24 hours a day.
- (idiom) To log on; to start using a computer, radio, etc., or to start talking.
- To sign on for the dole
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sign on for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.