- A loud burst of voice or voices; a vehement and sudden outcry, especially of a multitudes expressing joy, triumph, exultation, or animated courage.
- (Australia) (slang) a round of drinks in a pub, the turn to pay the shot or scot: Whose shout?!
- (Australia) (slang) an emergency services call.
- Dutch: schreeuw
- Italian: grido
- (intransitive) To utter a sudden and loud outcry, as in joy, triumph, or exultation, or to attract attention, to animate soldiers, etc.
- (transitive) To utter with a shout; to cry; -- sometimes with out; as, to shout, or to shout out, a man's name.
- To treat with shouts or clamor.
- To buy food or drinks for others.
- I'll you all a drink.
- (Internet) To enter a text message (for example, email) in upper case.
- Dutch: schreeuwen
- French: crier
- German: schreien
- Italian: offrire
- Spanish: gritar
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for shout for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.