- A word with the same meaning as another formed by removing one or more of the syllables of the longer word, and considered a word in its own right rather than an abbreviation.
- "Tux" is a short form of "tuxedo".
- "Rob" is a short form of "Robert".
- (grammar) Particularly in Slavonic languages, a shortened form of the adjective, used predicatively.
- Example: Ð½Ð¾Ð², Ð½Ð¾Ð²Ð°, Ð½Ð¾Ð²Ð¾, Ð½Ð¾Ð²Ñ‹ are short forms of Ð½Ð¾Ð²Ñ‹Ð¹.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for short form for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.