- A small, thin piece of building material, often with one end thicker than the other, for laying in overlapping rows as a covering for the roof or sides of a building.
- A rectangular piece of steel obtained by means of a shingling process involving hammering of puddled steel.
- A small signboard designating a professional office; this may be both a physical signboard or a metaphoric term for a small production company (a production shingle).
verb (shingl, ing)
- German: Schindel
- (transitive) To cover with small, thin pieces of building material, with shingles.
- German: mit Schindel, Schindeln decken
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for shingle for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.