Translations: verb (sheds, shedding, shed)
- (obsolete) A distinction or dividing-line.
- (obsolete) A parting in the hair.
- (obsolete) An area of land as distinguished from those around it.
- (context, transitive, archaic) To part or divide.
- A metal comb her golden hair.
- (context, transitive, archaic) To pour; to make flow.
- I have the blood of our enemies.
- (transitive) To allow to flow or fall.
- I didn't many tears when he left me.
- (transitive) To radiate, cast, give off
- Can you any light on this problem?
- (context, transitive, intransitive) To cast off, to let fall, be divested of.
- When we found the snake, it was in the process of shedding its skin.
- Dutch: afwerpen
- French: verser
(trans-top, To allow to flow or fall)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for shed for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.